Between Denver and Silverthorne/Dillon/Frisco, there’s a lot to do even when the slopes aren’t covered with powder. Here are just a few of the options:
In Golden you can visit the Buffalo Bill Museum, the Colorado Railroad Museum, and the Clear Creek History Park (link). And don’t miss the Buffalo Overlook where you can try to spot, you know, American Bison.
There are a number of rafting outfits on Clear Creek as well.
- Colorado Adventure Center
- Rocky Mountain Whitewater Rafting
- AVA Outposts
- Clear Creek Rafting Company
- Raft Masters
- Mad Adventures
Or if you want something warmer or more relaxing, try the Indian Hot Springs in Idaho Springs.
- Paddling in Dillon Reservoir
- Touring Black Hawk and Central City