When we were out in Colorado, I came across a couple books about the American Bison (Bison bison), commonly referred to as a buffalo. Yes, bison are the American mammal, though they usually aren’t at the top of the list of common house pets.
As I looked into this wild creature, I found a couple interesting articles. Here is my treasure trove of bison resources:
- National Geographic – American Bison
- National Geographic, “So the Buffalo May Roam Once More”
- Buffalo for the Broken Heart: Restoring Life to a Black Hills Ranch (2002)
- Wild Idea: Buffalo and Family in a Difficult Land (, 2014)
- Bison T-Shirt (Patagonia)
- Bison Hat (Patagonia)
- Bison Jerky (Patagonia Provisions). I’m a vegetarian now, but growing up, Dad and I used to always get buffalo jerky for our days on the ski slopes. Obviously, a lot of companies besides PP sells this.